Monday, August 23, 2010

My Assignment

I received a call from a client I've been doing some painting for (window lettering, trimming out commercial entranceways, etc.); he asked if I would meet him in front of a building so he could show me what changes he wanted to make to the facade so I could sketch out his ideas for him.  He'll use the sketch to present to the city for approval.  Here is what he drew for me:


Thank goodness I listened to what he was saying instead of relying on this "drawing."  I spent the better part of yesterday sketching what I think he was trying to communicate to me.  Here is a picture of what the building looks like now.


And here is the sketch.

I have never done anything like this before and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  About an hour ago, he came by to look and said it was close to his vision, but not quite.  So, I'm off to make some changes.  I'll upload those later.

2 comments:

  1. do you have an email address? i'd like to ask you about permissions on this piece of the griffin opera house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... my email is jerimax@bellsouth.net ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com