Thursday, August 5, 2010

Golden Crackle Paste

I was really looking forward to seeing cracks form in my painting.  I followed the directions... apply at least 1/8" thickness to substrate and let dry.  As the paste dries, it's supposed to form fissures or cracks in its surface.

This is what I wanted...
But, after applying around the painted bird/flower image and allowing to dry overnight, this is what I got...
As you can see, there's nice texture... but there are no cracks!  This is so frustrating, especially after I drove around St. Simon's Island three times before I found the bridge that takes you off the island, only to accidentally drive to Jekyll Island before I haphazardly found my destination of the Brunswick Michael's store.*  I paid $14 for this stuff.  What did I do wrong?

*I'm currently on vacation and staying on St. Simon's Island, GA.

I'll post a picture of the final piece after I do whatever it is I'm going to do to try and salvage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com