Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Brief, Crafty Tangent

Most of you (ha ha) don't know that I own a photo booth.  I built the first one about a year and a half ago for an event I organize called Hatch Market.  I did this after researching the cost to rent one.  Just one year ago, the cost was REALLY high, so I just made one myself.  Since then, I've been renting it out for wedding receptions and such.

To make a long, irrelevant, story short, this past Thursday night, I took my photo booth (www.photocatevents.com) to Opera in Atlanta.  It was a pre-wedding celebration for an Indian couple.  Oh my goodness, was it fun!  These people know how to celebrate.  I digress... the point is, I had to prepare for it by customizing the background for them and thus... not much painting got done.

I wanted to make a paper garland to hang in the booth.  So I did.


I just tore some pages out of a scrapbook paper book (they are all so cute and coordinate perfectly with each other, so you don't have to think too much), used a circle paper punch and cut out as many circles as I could.  Then, I just ran them through my sewing machine one at a time, leaving a few stitches of thread in between each piece.

Not much of it ended up showing in the pictures though.  :(  I still think it was a good idea, though; next time I'll just use a smaller paper punch and I think that will help.

Here are a couple of strips from that night.


The paper garland shows up a LOT better in most of the other pics; there were about nine people in the booth for the strip on the left (even though I told them that would NOT work and would be pointless, they did it anyway).

If you live in the Atlanta, Augusta or Athens areas and want to rent the photo booth, let me know.  It's my only real source of income right now (read: not a side business for me so I take it very seriously and will do a wonderful job).

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com