Saturday, August 7, 2010

The "-ish" Series

Painting One: "Birdish Flower" 11" x 14" Acrylic on Hardboard $25





Here is what became of the painting that was supposed to crackle, but didn't.  I call it "birdish flower."  This is painting one in the experiment I'm starting.

See, I've always played with painting, but never really pursued it.  I have always allowed myself to get discouraged, thinking I paint ugly paintings.  Well, so what?  I love to paint, so I'm just going to do it.  And whatever the results, I'm going to post them here (and on Facebook).  I'm going to actively paint for one year, without any instruction whatsoever... no teacher and no how-to books.  Let's see if I improve over the course of the year.  I will consider any comments you may have and any advice you want to give, but that's it... nothing more in terms of guidance.  This will be an interesting twelve months!

It will also be interesting to see how many paintings I can complete in a year.  Will I get better AND faster?  I'll buy products I don't know how to use and review them, too.  Maybe you'll even go on this journey with me.  Boy, does that sound dramatic!

Painting Two: "Koiish Fish" 16" x 12" Acrylic on Hardboard $45 SOLD!
It took me exactly one week to do these two.  I started the first one while in Augusta and finished that one and "koiish fish" while on St. Simon's Island.  Going home today!

1 comment:

  1. I like your ideas, they are inspirational. However don't post on Facebook then they have rights to your images. Keep them on your blog. They will remain yours then.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com