Saturday, August 21, 2010

Business Painting: Whip It Cupcakes by Bhoomika

Have you checked your Facebook page suggestions lately?  I guess I never had because I wound up looking through them the other day and there were a LOT of them.  I found tiny, local businesses that I didn't even know existed.  A handful of them had the most creative logos and names, the beginnings of some very good branding.  Ninety-nine percent of them will remain side or home-based businesses and won't need signage, but signs are fun and everyone should have one.

So I had this idea: pick one of these little cottage industries and paint 'em a sign!  Then, post the painting/sign and information about that particular business here.  Finally, wrap and mail the sign to the business owner.  The business owner gets free publicity on this blog and a free, hand-painted sign... whether they want it or not.

Without further adieu, here is my first selection: Whip It Cupcakes by Bhoomika based in Griffin, GA  Here is the original image, no doubt created by the talented Bhoomika Dey.

And here is the 11" x 14" sign I painted:


If you live in the Griffin area, you can order cupcakes as a gift, for a party or just to cheer yourself up.  Bhoomika asks that you order at least a week in advance.  Email gtcdey@yahoo.com or call 404-557-1060.

This sign is painted with acrylic and outlined with a Precise V5 Rolling Ball pen, which I've only recently discovered and fallen in love with.  It makes the most beautiful lines that don't bleed on porous surfaces... however...

As you know, I always make a mistake from which you can learn.  If you're using a brush-on varnish, even if you use spray fixative liberally before, the ink outlines will smear... badly.  Granted, it was only this morning that I realized I was using a spray fixative that was for pencil, pastel and graphite.  Duh.  I'll buy new fixative, suitable for the medium and see if that works better because I'm loving the look of the outlined details.

Want me to feature your business and paint a sign for you?  It's free.  The instructions for entering are on the about page of this blog.  <3  I can't wait to start receiving wacky business cards.

One more thing... see those links below this post?  The Google ads?  Do me a favor and click on them - they give me money when you do that.  I can buy supplies with that money.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com