Friday, December 3, 2010

I don't like it when bloggers start off with...

I don't like it when bloggers start of a long-awaited new post with "I know it's been forever since I last posted..."  So, I won't do that here.

I have been very busy working on The Paper and squeezing in as much time to paint as possible.  I've gotten a lot better in my opinion.  Currently, I'm in a little bit of a tangle though.  My last two or three paintings were good, but I made changes to them and now they need even more work.  I can't decide whether to set them aside or try to tie up the loose ends on the stragglers first.

Anyway, I sold a couple of things on eBay.  The first went to St. Louis.  I couldn't believe it.  In the feedback she left, she called me a "promising artist!"  :)

"She's In Church" $49 SOLD
The piece is 12" wide x 18" tall acrylic and cut paper on watercolor paper, sealed with gloss varnish.  The finished piece was then mounted on a 12"x18" board (about 3/4" thick) that had been painted black.  I have attached mounting hardware to the back.  All it needs to hang is a nail.
Then, I painted and listed this.  A little different in style, I think.  I'm still struggling with pinpointing my own "look."

"Mary Gazes" $49 - 11" x 18" x 3/4" original mixed media on solid wood


I added gold leafing to the edges of this one.  It didn't go very well for some reason.  Not sure why, but I like the end result anyway.

She didn't sell the first time around, so I re-listed her.  

Next time around I wanted to experiment with this narrow format.


"Prayerful" $30 SOLD
 I just wrapped the fifth issue of THE PAPER, so hopefully I'll get some painting in this evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com